The Artist lives in Bosnia and Herzegovina, supported the old Envyus line-up, draws inspiration from movies, and decided to do skins for fun.
Now, six years after the first skin was created, its SSG-08 | Mainframe 001 is in the Fracture Case. The author’s name is dC^ and we talked to him, trying to find out what exactly attracted him to work on SSG-08.
– First of all, congratulations! We are glad to see Mainframe in the new case. Tell us a bit about yourself.
Hello and thank you. I am DC. My real name is Dino. I’m 22 years old and I live in a small suburban town in Bosnia and Herzegovina. I’ve been making skins since 2014 but my first accepted skin in CS:GO was in 2018.
– SSG-08 | Mainframe. How did you come up with the idea of this design? As we know, this skin has more than one author. Whose idea it was?
MultiH came up with a design, this was our first SSG-08 skin ever. Model for SSG-08 was broken so we never even tried to make stuff for it. And one day I decided to fix the model so we can make skins for it.
– We all know AUG | Momentum & UMP-45 | Momentum. Looks like your cooperation with MultiH is extremely successful. How did you manage to start working together?
We started working I think back in 2017. At the time I was making skins for Unturned and I told MultiH to try out Unturned. And he did, we made lots of cool stuff for Unturned. MultiH found nice success on Unturned. So over the time we slowly started making skins for CS:GO and improved as the time went.
– I can’t help but ask about the Fracture Case in general. Besides your skin, are there any interesting works? Do you have any favorites?
Hmm, i don’t know. I think all skins are done really well but if I had to pick one I’d pick MP5-SD KITBASH, I think this one is really well done and detailed.
– When did you start making skins? Are there any other games except CS that have your skins? What game was first? And how did you decide that you want to make a game skin?
I started back in 2014, for fun, didn’t expect anything, was just messing around. So in 2016 I started making skins for Unturned and found my success there and then I did stuff for Team Fortress 2 and got a few accepts there and then finally I got accepted in CS:GO. But the whole time from 2014 to 2020 I was making stuff for CS:GO, I wasn’t just focused on one game.
When I was young my dream was to make stuff for games, to work in the gaming industry or even to work on games, so I guess my dream came true.
– Which of your skins that are not yet in the game do you like the most?
That’s a tough question because I think my skins are way different from stuff I made like 2 months ago or even longer, there is always room for improvement. But I’d say:
– Where do you get the inspiration for your works? Favorite books? Movies?
I get my inspiration from movies and other games. I like cyberpunk aesthetic and groungy skins.
So from time to time I try to make something to fit those themes.
– Why make skins at all? Is it profitable or so, for the soul?
Yeah it’s profitable but if there wasn’t money involved I would still make it because it’s fun and it makes me happy.
– If you could change something about Dragon Lore’s design, what would you improve?
I bake it with sick light. Only that.
– Do you play CS? And if you do play CS then what is your favourite skin in your inventory? Do you play with your own skins?
I used to play CS on a daily basis, I have 3,498 hrs on record. I like to play with M4A1-S | Flashback one cool looking skin. Yes, I do play with my own skin.
– What is your favourite weapon in CS:GO?
AK-47 for life!
– And what about favourite maps? Do you have one?
I would say Dust2 or Mirage.
– Are you interested in CS:GO tournaments? And what’s your favorite team if you do?
Back when I was younger, I followed the pro scene regularly. Right now I don’t have that much time, but when it’s Major I like to watch. My favorite at the time was Envyus with an old French setup, the one that won Major.
– And back to the art. What are your favourite skins? No matter is it your art or maybe there are some other artists’ skins that you like?
I really don’t know, because there are many many cool and unique skins.
– Will we see some easter eggs in your skins?
Some of my skins have easter eggs. On this R8 | NAVIGATOR coordinates are hidden on one part, when you put them on google they take you to a cool location.
I kinda ruined the whole easter egg thing on this one but there you go hahaha.
– What is your advice to those who want to become an artist? What advice can you give to those who are just thinking about creating the first skin?
Just keep making skins, over the time you will improve.