The most mysterious skin creator we know, GENT, does not reveal his name or country of residence. But we found out that he has come a long way from drawing ninja turtles to the MAG 7 Monstercall skin. GENT is a fan of Natus Vincere, loves pyramids and loves to play Dust 2.
He also shared with us his main advice to aspiring artists. Wanna know what advice is it?
CS.MONEY presents a series of interviews with the authors of the best skins! And we’ll start with the heroes whose work was included in the Fracture Case.
– Tell us a little about yourself.
– I started drawing, when I was five years old. I liked to draw monsters, mutant ninja turtles, robots and etc.
– When did you start making skins?
– I started making skins, when one friend asked to play with him CS:GO, and some months later he showed that it is possible to draw skins because he knew that I was drawing from childhood. I drew only one work and stopped drawing for some time, and in 2015 started to draw skins again. There are not any other games, except CS GO, that have my skins.
– Where do you get the inspiration for your works?
– Some inspiration for my works come to me at night, sometimes I get inspiration from objects on the street, also I look for some inspiration on the internet (pyramids, temples etc).
– We were happy to see MAG 7 | Monstercall in the new case. What do you think about the Fracture Case at all? Do you have any favorites?
– Thank you, I don’t have any favorite in Fracture Case, because all artists are very good.
– Few words about the Apocalypto series.
– The idea of Apocalypto came to me at night and the next day I started drawing it. There are many ideas in this work, and I will let everyone see their own vision of this concept.
– If it weren’t for CS:GO skins, what do you think you would be doing?
– If there weren’t CS GO skins, I would probably work in an advertising agency. But I want to say thank you to Valve, that I can draw for the game industry, because this is what I always wanted to do. In my country it’s not possible, because the game industry is not that developed.
– Do you play CS? And if you do play CS then what is your favorite skin in your inventory? Do you play with your own skins?
– Yes, I play CS GO, and I like all skins in my inventory. And yes I also play with my own skins.
– What is your favourite weapon in CS:GO?
– My favorite weapon in CS GO is the AK 47 and pistol 5`7.
– And what about favourite maps? Do you have one?
– My favorite map is DUST2, it’s like a second home for all the players. 😀
– Are you interested in CS GO tournaments? And what’s your favorite team if you do?
– Yes, sometimes I watch CS GO tournaments. I like the NAVI team.
– What are your upcoming plans?
– My upcoming plans are to make more painted skins, not 3D generated.
– What is your advice to those who want to become an artist? What advice can you give to those who are just thinking about creating the first skin?
– My advice is to try making new ideas and unique skins.